Personal information is information or an opinion, in any form and whether true or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion.
There are further special provisions which apply to the collection of some personal information which is known as sensitive information. This includes health information and information about a persons' race, ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of political, professional or trade associations, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual preferences and criminal history.
Collection of personal information by us
The kinds of personal information we collect and store will depend on what products and services you request from us. However, it may include (amongst other things):
- personal information you give us when you make a rental booking or request a product or service from us. This information may include your name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail address, credit card details, passport details, intended travel dates, place of departure, intended destination and whether you are an adult or a child;
- communications between you and us;
- transactional information about your use of our products and services; and
if you are applying for a position, we will collect information as outlined in the section below titled "Employment Applications".
How your personal information will be used
We collect your personal information so that we can use it for our functions and activities, which include, amongst other things:
- processing your rental bookings and sales orders;
- being aware of any special travel requirements (health or otherwise) you may have;
- providing you with confirmation of your booking/order and advising you of any changes to your itinerary;
- confirming your identity when you check in;
- processing and considering your employment application (refer to "Employment Application" section below);
- addressing any feedback or complaints you may have;
- assisting Customs and Immigration officials;
- answering any queries you may have; and
- any purposes for which it was requested and directly related purposes, and developing, improving and marketing our products and services.
If you do not provide us with your personal information, we will be unable to do one or more of the above (including being unable to accept any bookings/orders).
If you also subscribe to our mailing list, we may e-mail to you updates about our products and services. If you do not wish to remain a subscriber to our mailing list or otherwise receive updates on our products and services, you are able to remove your details from the subscriptions list via our website.
Exchange of personal information with third parties
Personal information we collect from you may be disclosed:
- to any entity to which we are required or authorised by or under law to disclose such information (for instance, law enforcement agencies and investigative agencies, courts, various other government bodies);
- to other airlines or travel-related businesses for the purpose of processing your travel arrangements (for example flights, accommodation bookings, car hire, travel insurance);
- to others that you have been informed of at the time any personal information is collected from you;
- to our business associates and others for purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal information is collected;
- to airport management and security personnel;
- to our professional advisors and other contractors (for example IT consultants and mailing houses); or
- with your consent (express or implied), to others.
Such disclosure may include the transfer of your personal information between countries.
We may also obtain personal and other information from some or all of the above to enable us to provide our services or products to you. When we obtain personal and other information from third parties whom we are referred to by you, we will assume and you will ensure that you have made that third party aware of the referral of the persons and purposes involved in the collection, use and disclosure of the relevant personal or other information.
Use and disclosure of personal information by us
If we use or disclose your personal information for a purpose (the "secondary purpose") other the main reason for which it was originally collected (the "primary purpose"), to the extent required by law, we will ensure that:
the secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose of collection (and directly related in the case of sensitive information), and you would reasonably expect that we would use or disclose your information in that way; or
you have consented to the use or disclosure of your personal information for the secondary purpose; or
the use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under law; or
the use or disclosure is otherwise permitted by law (for example, as a necessary part of an investigation of suspected unlawful activity).
Generally, the type of personal information we collect about you is the information included in your application, for example, your name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, career history, education details or other information relating to your career.
In considering your application, we may also obtain personal information about you from third parties, for example, from your previous employers or nominated referees. We may also collect sensitive information about you such as information about your health (including any disability) or any criminal record that you may have.
We collect personal information for any one or more of the following purposes:
- Assess you for a position or positions with us or our related entities;
- Assess whether you are suitable to progress to each stage of the recruitment process for a vacant position; or
- Store your information for future job opportunities.
If you do not provide us with the information we seek, we will be unable to do one or more of the above.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- organisations that conduct competency or psychometric tests;
- referees or previous employers;
- recruitment agencies or related entities acting on our behalf;
- our related entities;
- law enforcement agencies to verify whether you have a criminal record; or
- educational or vocational organisations to the extent necessary to verify your qualifications.
If we engage third party contractors to perform services for us which involves handling personal information we will take reasonable steps to prohibit the contractor from using personal information except for the purposes for which it was supplied.
Site visit information
When you visit our website, we and/or our contractors collect general information about your visit which may include your server address, the date and time of your visit, the pages you accessed, the information you downloaded and the type of Internet browser you used.
We and/or our contractors may use this information in anonymous, aggregated form, for statistical purposes only, to assist us in improving the quality and usability of our website.
Access and correction of your personal information
You can ask to obtain access to your personal information that we and/or our contractors hold, although under some circumstances permitted by law, we may not provide such information to you. Also, we may not be able to require our contractors to provide personal information to you.
We may ask you to put your request in writing and pay a reasonable fee levied by us for this.
It is important to us that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date. If you are aware that this is not case and would like your personal information corrected, or simply desire access to your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer.
If we decide not to correct or provide you with access to your personal information, we will give you our reasons for our decision.
If you have a complaint about the way we have dealt with your personal information, please contact us at the above telephone numbers and ask to speak with our Privacy Officer.
We will make all reasonable attempts to respond to your complaints or requests.
Please contact our Privacy Officer if you have any queries about the personal information that we hold about you or the way we handle that personal information.
Privacy Officer Contact Details
Travellers Auto Barn
Ph: +61 2 9360 1500